If you are suffering from some form of hyperhidrosis whether if be sweaty underarms, sweaty hands, or sweaty feet – choosing the right antiperspirant is paramount!! So, what are some key factors involved in discovering which antiperspirant is best for you?
You may want to consider the antiperspirant with the strongest/or most powerful clinical strength ingredients. Consider that many of the products can be purchased contain a crucial ingredient called aluminum chloride. Aluminum chloride is a chemical compound used in many antiperspirant products. “Aluminum chloride topical is an over – the – counter product used to treat severe, recalcitrant excessive sweating1. “What does aluminum chloride do for sweat glands? Each aluminum chloride molecule can covalently bind six water molecules and tightly bind another shell or two of 12 – 20 molecules with a further third shell, all making the water very viscous such that weak muscles that push sweat out of sweat glands are unable to move sweat to the surface of our skin. Aluminum chloride has a 75% efficacy rating”1.
Many of the hyperhidrosis antiperspirant products use aluminum sesquichlorohydrate. What do we know about this? “ It is an aluminum salt that is used as an antiperspirant agent, a deodorant agent and a cosmetic astringent. Aluminum sesquichlorohydrate works by physically blocking eccrine sweat glands. Aluminum sesquichlorohydrate has a 61% efficacy rating”1.
Another consideration when searching for the right antiperspirant is using an antiperspirant without alcohol – there are a few products that use glycerin. The problem in using alcohol mixed with aluminum chloride or aluminum sesquichlorohydrate is that it could possibly cause skin irritation which could deter a potential buyer from using a product. So, something soothing to the skin whether it is underarms, hands, or feet is especially important when determining the best product for you.
Another, big consideration when choosing an antiperspirant is the purity of the product. Many antiperspirants contain parabens. “Parabens are a class of widely used preservatives in cosmetic and pharmaceutical products. Chemically, they are a series of parahydroxybenzoates or esters of parahydroxybenzoic acid. Parabens are effective preservatives in many types of formulas”1.
What are the potential dangers of parabens? “The concern with these chemicals is that scientific studies suggest that parabens can disrupt hormones, in the body and harm fertility and reproductive organs, affect birth outcomes and increase the risk of cancer. They can also cause skin irritation”1.
What are other concerns with parabens? “Parabens can penetrate the skin and act like a very weak estrogen in the body potentially turning on the growth of hormone – receptor – positive breast cancers. Parabens have been found in breast tissue and breast cancers”1.
One other decision when using antiperspirants containing parabens is their impact on the immune system. “These harmful compounds can injure glandular tissue, upsetting the endocrine system and wreak havoc across the immune system. Parabens are not proven to cause any autoimmune diseases, but they may well contribute to the toxic burden impacting our health”1. Another consideration when using an antiperspirant is the ease of use. In other words, how often will the product have to be reapplied throughout the day for best results? Are there requirements about how the antiperspirant should be applied and when? Then, does the antiperspirant last throughout the day; does it need to be reapplied during the day or does it last for several days?
Here are several tips about getting the most out of your antiperspirant. You want to be getting the best results for your money, no matter how much you sweat. We’ve got seven tips from the Hyperhidrosis International Society :2
- It is important to apply your antiperspirant specifically at night. While your sweat glands are at rest, the antiperspirant has time to get down into the sweat ducts where they can do their job blocking sweat production. Also, most people sweat less during the night, so, this makes bedtime the best time to apply the product. If you applied during the daytime, the daytime sweat would quickly wash off the active ingredients.
- Be sure if heavy, uncontrollable sweating is your problem, that you are purchasing an antiperspirant and not just a deodorant. Antiperspirants are used to stop heavy sweating, while deodorants are used to mask odor. You still need to apply your antiperspirant at night and if you choose to use a deodorant in conjunction with an antiperspirant – that is fine! Also, there are many combinations out there of antiperspirant/deodorants. Be sure to research your options before ordering.
- It is important to avoid shaving before applying an antiperspirant. This could result in irritation. If you apply your antiperspirants at night, be sure to shave in the mornings.
- Another critical tip is to apply your antiperspirant to dry skin. If your underarms, hands, or feet are damp/wet, the active ingredients will not work as well, and skin irritation is more likely
- In order for this to be economical be careful on how much antiperspirant you’re using. When applying to your underarms, two strokes up and two strokes down on each underarm is plenty. Also, if you are applying your antiperspirant at night, you might not need to apply it every day. Just experiment with your product to see how many applications per week you will need to get best results.
- Learn about all your antiperspirant options that way you can make an informed decision about which would be best for you.
- Always check and see if the company/brand you are choosing from offers specials and coupons to save on those dollars.
Now, when considering all the factors involved in choosing the right antiperspirant for heavy sweating/hyperhidrosis whether it be used specifically for underarm sweat, hand sweat, or foot sweat what product encapsulates all the different issues mentioned in the material above that is the best product on the market?
The best product on the market is Monray Antiperspirant! First, when considering the clinical strength Monray Antiperspirant has a 75% higher efficacy rating than many of its competitors. This is due to it having a higher concentration of aluminum chloride. Aluminum chloride is found in most antiperspirants, but its content levels differ. The other product used in some antiperspirants is sesquichlorohydrate it is an aluminum salt with a 61% efficacy rating. It is not as strong as the aluminum chloride used in Monray Antiperspirant.
Monray Antiperspirant contains no alcohol; therefore, it does not have as much of a chance of irritating the skin. It contains glycerin which is soothing to the skin. “Glycerol is a simple polyol compound. It is colorless, odorless, and non-toxic. The glycerol background is found in those lipids known as glycerides. Due to having an antimicrobial and antiviral properties – glycerin – is widely FDA approved for wound/burn treatments, as well as cosmetics and antiperspirants1.
Another high-quality factor in using Monray Antiperspirant is the fact that it contains no parabens. Parabens are widely used preservatives found in many cosmetic and pharmaceutical products. This elevates the dangers of using parabens which have been associated with autoimmune issues, hormonal disruptions, skin irritations and increase the risk of cancer.
The application process of Monray Antiperspirant is quite simple. The underarm product is applied before bedtime. So, if a person takes their shower in the morning or at night, the product still needs to be applied before going to sleep. This is due to less sweating persist during the sleeping hours allowing Monray Antiperspirant to adhere to the sweat duct – while the person is at rest. Then, the client can take a morning shower knowing that the product has been hard at work at night or during sleeping hours if that occurs during the day. The Monray Antiperspirant Hand/Foot product needs to be applied the same way during sleeping hours. Be sure to apply at whatever your bedtime is (during the day/night) giving the product time to absorb into the sweat ducts and stop the sweat.
A positive consideration when purchasing Monray Antiperspirant is that it can be applied every other day. This is not only more convenient, but it is also more cost effective. Because of its every other day application, your product should and would last longer than many products that need to be used every day or several times a day.
One more consideration when purchasing Monray Antiperspirant is that there are many discounts offered throughout the calendar year. For instance, many holiday specials are offered. Also, if you sign up for Monray’s Newsletter you will receive current updates, promotions, and discounts.
Remember when choosing an antiperspirant that will cover all the bases, that is economical and stops excessive sweating at its core – Buy Monray Antiperspirant and Stop Sweating and Fretting.
2 International Hyperhidrosis Society
Guest Writer: Melissa Cooners